Essential Supplements in Irving
Two quick points of fact regarding these recommendations.
- The term Essential means our body’s require these nutrients to function and heal normally. If you are lacking these essential nutrients your body will suffer on many levels ultimately affecting your ability to adapt and heal normally.
- Supplement, means in addition to eating real food. Food is always the best source for all our nutrients. Sadly due to poor nutrients in our food, many non-organics, soil depletion, and our busy lives we require supplements to make certain our bodies get the building blocks for repair and healing.
With all the toxins, chemicals, stress, medications, lack of eating well at times, etc I recommend for everyone the Essentials to “fill the gaps” created by our stress filled lives. There is an overwhelming conscious in the field of human performance and optimal genetic expression that Eating real food and taking supplements will address the requirements for your body to thrive and feel great. There are 4 requirements for healing: Optimal Brain to body connection, Eating Real food, Moving your body correctly, and Developing the mindset and thought patterns your body requires.
Goal: fill the gaps, in our food choices, resulting in you maximizing your healing potential!
Vitamin D3 with K2. Get the correct dose daily of 5,000 IU of D3 in one Medical Grade supplement.
Getting adequate vitamin D3 is essential for your health. With over 3000 binding sites for Vitamin D in every cell, we are clearly designed to spend time in the sun supplying our body with the rays that aid in the production of this vital pro-hormone. Unfortunately, our modern lifestyles rarely allow for such regular sun exposure, especially in northern climates. We’re told to avoid the sun at all costs or, if we absolutely must venture out into the light, to apply a thick layer of sunscreen. On top of this, except for fatty ocean fish, there is very little Vitamin D in any commonly consumed natural foods.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED?
The best way to know how much Vitamin D you need is to first determine your current blood levels of Vitamin D. For optimization, your blood Vitamin D levels should be between 35-50 ng/mL for adults and children. Unfortunately, most of us fall seriously short. Children under the age of one can begin with 1000 IU, increasing 25 IU/lb of body weight until reaching the adult dosage. Some people may need more for a period of time, but typically 4000-6000 IU/day will maintain your levels in an adequate range for normal physiological function. * Ask Dr. Black about your requirements and any concerns.
Omega 3 DHA/ EPA
We care the correct balance of EPA/ DHA in Omega 3s. This product will provide the correct amount of these required nutrients! Medical grade supplement.
Historically, we obtained our essential fatty acids, both Omega 3 and 6, from dietary sources of wild game, seafood, and less appetizing sources like grubs and insects. Our modern grain-fed food supply, complete with refined vegetable oils rich in omega 6, has completely altered the critical balance of omega 3:6 in our modern diet. Supplementing your diet with pure, pharmaceutical-grade fish oils has proven the best way to re-balance this all-important ratio, while you reel in your omega 6 consumption and start the process of eating based on your body’s actual requirements.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED?
We recommend 2-4 grams (a teaspoon or two) of total EPA/DHA per day. However, if you are Eating a good nutrient dense foods on a regular basis, you may require less or even none to maintain your omega 3:6 ratio in a 1:1 balance. We strongly recommend a liquid dose but capsules will work, as long as you don’t mind the inconvenience of choking down a big handful of capsules, Ask Dr. Black about dosages and your specific requirements that may require more or less. If you eat lots of grass-fed meat and game, you may need a bit less, if you take medications and have lots of chemical stress you may require a bit more.
Probiotic with all required strains of 20,000,000,000 live strains of the health promoting gut flora we all require. Medical grade 20 Billion per capsule.
We rely on our first dose of quality bacteria to happen via the birth process. Unfortunately, the high Cesarean section rate has put many of us behind the eight-ball from day one. Soon after that, we ate dirt and the many billions of organisms that came along for the ride. These organisms entered our mouths daily and populated our guts, most being “friendly” bacteria that actually help digest food and strengthen our immune systems.
The problem today is that we don’t eat dirt; we wash everything. Of course, given what is in and on the dirt around us, it’s probably best that we do wash it all, but in the process we never get a chance to ingest those healthy bacteria that we are designed to consume. Additionally, we kill off many of our probiotic bacteria with poor nutrition, prescription drugs and highly stressful lifestyles. For these reasons, it’s wise to take a probiotic supplement.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED?
We recommend you begin taking a broad-spectrum probiotic, 20-30 billion CFU/day. Yogurts, etc are NOT sufficient sources for probiotcs.
in quality among dietary supplements.
How many times have you read a news report revealing that a shocking percentage of products tested contained only a fraction of the ingredient potency they claimed to have…or a newspaper story about a supplement that was contaminated with heavy metals, or worse, adulterated with cheap material?
Following are just some of the steps Ortho Molecular Products takes to ensure the quality of our formulas:
- We follow rigid SOPs (standard operating procedures) and MOPs (methods of procedure) throughout every stage of production, leaving nothing to chance.
- We test all incoming raw materials in our state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory for identity (Is the material what it says it is?), purity (Does it contain any contaminants?), and composition (Does it match expected specifications?).
- We mix all of our raw materials in dedicated blending rooms using a custom-made 5,000-liter mixer following strict protocols to ensure product consistency.
- We manufacture every batch of product in dedicated tabletting and encapsulating rooms, which are thoroughly cleaned and dried after each batch is made to protect against cross-contamination. It can take up to eight hours just to clean one room!
- We perform thorough post-cleaning inspections to ensure the highest state of sanitation has been achieved.
- We test all finished products for identity (Does the formula contain the correct ingredients?), strength (Are the ingredients present in the potencies claimed?), and purity (Does the formula contain any contaminants?).
- We subject every new formula to stability testing, which involves assaying ingredients to detect any degradation at 6-month intervals, thus ensuring the formula meets label claim at expiration.